Any system performance concerns may result in higher energy expenses and pricy repairs. Fortunately, you can prevent this by using HVAC service contracts. But you need to research one before you join up for one.
HVAC service contracts are fees paid to a service provider that ensure frequent maintenance of your HVAC system.
The majority of service contract agreements are annual, with monthly or yearly charges. This yearly focus aids in making sure that your HVAC system is maintained all year long.
By purchasing this annual maintenance plan, you can make sure that your equipment operates at its best and uses the least amount of energy possible and ensures you have a partner for support, maintenance, and repair requirements.
To better understand which parts will be serviced, you might want to brush up on popular HVAC terminology. You should speak with your chosen HVAC provider if there is something you feel should not be included or if you need work done on a component that is not covered by the contract. They might have their own explanations for choosing those specific pieces to be serviced. It would be wise to have this resolved before signing anything.
There are typically three types of service contracts.
- Full-service plans that include components, upkeep, and repairs for a single annual charge.
- Labor-only agreements where the annual charge includes the technician’s time. Any additional fees for consumables or parts will apply.
- Regular check-ups are included in preventative and inspection contracts, either periodically or annually, with discounted further repair or maintenance payable individually.
Why Should I Sign A Service Contract For My HVAC?
The aim of those who purchase an HVAC service contract for their house is to maintain the comfort and health of the space. They understand that achieving that aim depends on performing routine HVAC system maintenance.
Cost savings, security, and comfort at home are the main advantages.
When assessing an HVAC repair contract, there are a few other advantages that you should consider.
These advantages are:
- Priority scheduling to guarantee that you’ll always have the quickest turnaround times.
- Reminders for planned maintenance are set up so you never forget to service your system in preparation for the seasons.
- There are no extra fees for bookings made on weekends, holidays, or after hours.
- Discounts on new equipment are available.
- Discounted or free diagnostic fee
- Regularly, new air filters are sent (recommended every 90 days)
- Knowledge of smart technology and home automation
- Reduce allergies and other irritants to promote health and clean air
In the end, routine HVAC maintenance increases energy efficiency, extends the life of the system, and helps find and fix problems before they become costly or dangerous.
Finding The Right HVAC Service Contract: 3 Tips
Be mindful that the cost, services, and benefits of an HVAC yearly maintenance plan differ significantly amongst providers. You can find the service agreement that’s best for you by following these three recommendations:
- Pick a local company that has experience servicing HVAC systems, is licensed, insured, and local. Search for reviews on Google and Angie’s List as well as the BBB score.
- Make sure the technicians are regularly trained. Their proficiency dealing with new goods and technologies, as well as their ability to advise you on how to do your setup for optimal efficiency, are all assured by their ongoing professional training.
- Explain your needs, wants, and budget to a prospective service provider to make sure you have a contract that suits you.
What To Do First
Start reading articles about what questions to ask your HVAC company if you’re wanting to assess HVAC service contract providers.
The other option is to hire a professional on a need-basis if you don’t want an HVAC services contract. However, it is much less expensive to purchase an annual service plan than to attempt to repair or replace HVAC equipment that has not been properly maintained.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings