The convenience of GE air conditioners’ integration with smart home systems like Google Home and Amazon Alexa is available. We will provide full directions on how to connect your GE air conditioner to various smart systems in this extensive guide.
Checking For Compatibility
It is essential to confirm that your GE air conditioner is compatible with either Amazon Alexa, Google Home, or both before moving forward with the connecting process. To ensure compatibility, please review the product specs or the owner’s handbook.
Using GE AC To Connect To Amazon Alexa
Follow the detailed directions below to connect your GE air conditioner to Amazon Alexa:
- Click the “ENABLE” button after launching the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Utilize your GE Appliances account and password to get into the app.
- Choose the name of your air conditioner from the app’s screen.
Linking Google Home To A GE AC
Observe these instructions to link your GE air conditioner to Google Home:
- On your mobile device, open the Google Home app and click the “Add +” option.
- Then click “Works with Google” after selecting “Set up device +”.
- From the app’s screen, select the name of your air conditioner.
Note: Different GE air conditioner models could require different connecting methods. Please see the owner’s manual for instructions relevant to your model.
Examples Of GE Air Conditioners That Are Compatible
The following GE air conditioner models can be connected to Google Home or Amazon Alexa:
- Smart Air Conditioner GE AHY10LZ
This smart air conditioner has a 10,000 BTU cooling capacity and can be wirelessly operated with voice commands through Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. A thermostat that is electronic is also included.
- Profile Ultra Quiet Window AC from GE
This window air conditioner is Google Home and Amazon Alexa compatible, and it runs quietly, with noise levels comparable to a working refrigerator.
- Smart Air Conditioner GE AHEK08AC
This smart window air conditioner has an 8,000 BTU cooling capability and is compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa. It also has an Eco Mode for conserving electricity.
- Voice-Controlled Window Air Conditioner, GE AKLK24AA
With a cooling capability of 24,000 BTU, this air conditioner is appropriate for larger rooms. Control is made simple by using voice commands with Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
GE AHY08LZ Smart Window Air Conditioner: Special Mention
The EZ Mount installation kit for double-hung windows is included with this AC model, making installation straightforward. Amazon Alexa can be used to control it, but Google Home might not work with it.
Google Home Commands For The Air Conditioner
By saying “Hey Google” or “OK Google,” then one of the following instructions, you can use Google Home to manage your air conditioner:
- “Turn the air conditioner on/off.”
- “Make the room colder” or “Raise the air conditioner’s temperature by three degrees.”
- “Set the air conditioner to 72 degrees.”
- “What is the air conditioner’s current temperature?”
- “Change the air conditioner’s mode to auto/cool/heat.”
Controlling Your Smart Air Conditioner With Alexa
When you want to use Alexa to handle your smart air conditioner, just say “Alexa” to activate the AI and give the required command. You can use the following commands, as examples:
- “Increase/decrease the air conditioner’s temperature by.”
- “Set the temperature of the air conditioner to.”
- “What is the air conditioner’s set temperature?”
- “Set the air conditioner to.”
Using WiFi With Your GE AC
Follow these instructions to link your GE smart air conditioner to your home’s Wi-Fi network:
- From the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, get the GE Appliances Comfort app.
- Use your GE Appliances username and password to log in to the app, or register a new account.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on your GE AC and tap the “+” sign in the app.
- Connect your mobile device to the built-in Wi-Fi network of your AC and the app to the network.
- Verify the app’s connectivity.
Making Your Air Conditioner Smart
You can use a smart air conditioner controller to convert your conventional air conditioner into a smart device. Depending on the controller model, the installation and configuration instructions may change. Please see the owner’s manual for details on specific protocols. The following general advice:
- Install the smart AC controller’s proprietary app on your phone if necessary.
- Connect the hub of the smart controller to the router with an Ethernet connection by plugging it in.
- Connect the air conditioner’s remote control to the smart controller’s pod.
- Test the pod’s functionality by connecting it to the air conditioner.
It is necessary for the GE air conditioner model and the selected smart system to be compatible in order to connect your GE air conditioner to either Amazon Alexa or Google Home. You may effectively link your smart AC and take advantage of voice commands by following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide and using the necessary apps.