When it comes to air conditioner efficiency and quality, Rheem stands out as a leader in the HVAC industry. If you are currently in the market for a new air conditioning unit and considering Rheem, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need regarding the cost of Rheem air conditioners and their installation. Moreover, we will explore the factors that affect the price and efficiency of Rheem units, as well as the additional installation options that can help you achieve maximum efficiency and savings on your energy bills.
Rheem Air Conditioner Price And Installation Costs
Rheem offers seven models of air conditioners, each falling into one of three categories: Prestige, Classic Plus, and Classic. While Rheem air conditioners may be slightly higher in price compared to some other brands, their efficiency and quality make them worth the investment. In fact, when compared to popular brands like Lennox and Carrier, Rheem is a more cost-effective choice.
Factors Affecting The Rheem Air Conditioner Price
Several factors contribute to the cost of a Rheem air conditioner. The primary components that influence the price include the condenser, evaporator coil, and refrigerant lines.
- Size of the System: The size of the condenser, which determines the cooling capacity, can range from one and a half to five tons. A larger system will typically result in a higher price.
- Efficiency (SEER Rating): The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of a Rheem air conditioner indicates its efficiency. Higher SEER ratings indicate higher efficiency and often come with a higher price tag.
- Refrigerant Lines: An extensive system may require more refrigerant, leading to increased installation costs.
- Stages of the Compressor: Rheem offers three types of compressors – single-stage, two-stage, and variable-capacity compressors. Units with advanced compressors tend to be more expensive, but they offer improved performance and efficiency.
Factors Affecting The Air Conditioner Installation Costs
The complexity of the installation job will influence the overall installation cost. Here are the three levels of installation difficulty and their respective cost ranges:
- Simple Jobs: Basic installations, such as placing the outdoor unit on the ground and the air handling unit in an accessible location, typically cost $2,000 or less.
- Moderate Jobs: Installation of the air handling unit and furnace in an attic, crawlspace, or other harder-to-reach areas may cost between $1,700 and $2,600.
- Difficult Jobs: Installing the outdoor unit on the roof or locating the air handling unit in an attic or crawlspace can lead to installation costs exceeding $2,500, and sometimes even surpassing $3,000.
Rheem Air Conditioners Additional Installation Options
To achieve maximum efficiency and save on monthly energy bills, consider these additional installation options:
- Ductwork Zoning: For larger homes, zoned ductwork with individual controls for different zones can help optimize energy consumption. The installation cost for this ranges from $1,400 to $3,200, depending on the number of zones.
- Thermostat: Upgrading to a thermostat compatible with two-stage or variable-capacity compressors can further enhance energy efficiency. The installation cost for a new thermostat is around $200, with thermostat prices ranging from $99 to $400. Alternatively, Rheem’s smart system, EcoNet, allows for seamless control of all Rheem devices through a mobile app, with a combined cost of approximately $400.
When considering purchasing a Rheem air conditioner, it’s essential to focus on the SEER rating and performance to ensure you are getting the most efficient and cost-effective unit for your needs. By understanding the factors that influence the price of Rheem air conditioners and their installation costs, you can make an informed decision. Additionally, exploring the additional installation options can further enhance your air conditioner’s efficiency and help you save on energy bills in the long run. Remember to maintain your Rheem unit regularly to prolong its lifespan and retain its warranty benefits. With a Rheem air conditioner, you can enjoy cool comfort while reducing your environmental impact and utility costs.